Loading

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Celebrating Grandparents Day

32nd National Grandparents Day


What a great day to celebrate. This holiday began in the United States in 1978 and is always on the first Sunday after Labor Day.

This Holiday is often one that can be overlooked but I urge everyone to tell their grandparents that the love them today and that they are not forgotten and are appreciated.

The official flower for this day is the Forget Me Not which signifies true love, hope, remembrance, and memories.

The official song for this day is “a Song for Grandma and Grandpa, lyrics are below:

The National Grandparents Day Song
A Song for Grandma and Grandpa

Chorus:
Oh Grandma, Grandpa, you know that I love you
I love all those little things that you say and do
A walk through the park, a trip to the zoo
Oh Grandma, Grandpa I love you

Verse One:
Going to a ball game, fishing on the lake
Eating Grandma's cookies, boy they sure taste great
Going to the circus when it comes to town
Eating cotton candy and laughing at the clowns

Chorus:
Oh Grandma, Grandpa, you know that I love you
I love all those little things that you say and do
A hug and a kiss, a ride home from school
Oh Grandma, Grandpa I love you

Verse Two:
Spending time together, talking on the phone
Happy birthday presents, chocolate ice cream cones
Photographs and memories, picnics and parades
Saying that you love me in so many ways

Chorus:
Oh Grandma, Grandpa, you know that I love you
I love all those little things that you say and do
The stories you tell, things I never knew
Oh Grandma, Grandpa I love you

Words and Music by Johnny Prill
Johnny Prill Music, BMI
© 1982, © 2004

http://www.nationalgrandparentsday.com/SongClip.html

To raise awareness for Grandparents day there is a contest, check out this site: http://www.nationalgrandparentsday.com/Contest.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event Calendar